Saturday, March 21, 2009

Day 29

Unfortunately, I didn’t end up getting parsley yesterday morning and making my own juice. I had to travel for work, so I went to the supermarket to buy juice. In the section where they have the higher end refrigerated juices, I purchased several juices to last for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also in that section, there was a mocha cappuccino drink, and since I was so tired that morning, I thought- wow, that drink will probably keep me awake, so I bought it as well.

Well, for some reason, I just didn’t put two and two together and failed to realize that this cappuccino drink was composed primarily of milk. Big DUH. I am lactose intolerant. I love ice cream and it usually gives me gas, but I’ll have some maybe once or twice monthly. I also enjoy the occasional bowl of cereal (maybe one or two boxes yearly). But generally speaking, I stay away from milk.

The bottle of this cappuccino drink was very large (like 42 ounces). I drank a little over 20 ounces over the course of about 2 hours before I started feeling poorly- stomach cramps and diarrhea for the remainder of the day (and night). Needless to say- I wasn’t too pleased.

I made it to the farmer’s market a little before 7am this morning. Replenished the parsley, though I was annoyed that I wasn’t able to find ANY spinach. Odd. So today I’ve juiced parsley, carrots, and Jerusalem artichokes as one meal. I also juiced apples, beets and carrots. I am relieved to once again juice fresh produce. Too much juice on the market is prepared from concentrate, and a huge difference in tests exists, for sure. More later…

No comments:

Post a Comment