Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day Two

I woke up with no hunger, but with a stuffy nose and definitely felt tired, despite getting a full eight hours of sleep- which is more than I usually have.  I also had a headache- which I’m 99% sure is related to excess mucous in my sinus membranes.

This morning I prepared the Cleaning Cocktail from the The Complete Book of Juicing.  The carrots I used were huge, so I used three instead of four and I had about 20 ounces of juice.  I poured about 16 ounces in my cup, and refrigerated the remaining four.  Just as I finished cleaning my juicer, I spilled most of my juice and was annoyed.  I decided to prepare Kill the Cold (1 cup hot water, ¼ lemon with peel, and 1 inch ginger) to which I added two drops of nutmeg essential oils.  The author claimed that Kill the Cold is supposed to warm you up and possibly make you perspire. Well, duh- I felt warm because of the hot water, but I definitely didn't perspire.  In an hour or two, I’ll consume the remaining four ounces of my Cleaning Cocktail.

No comments:

Post a Comment