Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 11

This morning’s juice was a disaster. I decided to free style my own recipe instead of selecting one from a book. The Energizer calls for parsley and carrots- which is quite tasty, so I decided to do a similar recipe substituting the parsley with dandelion greens, and added a clove of garlic. HUGE mistake! To sweeten up the drink, I used approximately a cup of green grapes and an entire basket of strawberries. Unfortunately, the concoction still tasted terrible, which sucks, because one basket of strawberries was $3.50. Instead of tossing the juice like I did yesterday, I opted to dilute the juice in my water bottle. So in essence, I’ve diluted several ounces of juice into 24 ounces of water. I wonder if some of the nutrients are lost when consuming juice in this manner. Technically speaking, I’m still consuming the juice, but just not all in a concentrated portion.

Dandelion greens are really important for a variety of reasons. In fact, it will be my next veggie profile of the week, so look out for it. Prior to making my dandelion greens concoction, I had juiced all four baskets of blue berries that I had purchased last night, and it yielded approximately a $10 one cup of juice that I had consumed straight up prior to making the dandelion concoction. Of course the juice was very tart, but blueberries are loaded with things that are good for the body, so I didn’t much mind.

It feels great to say that having made it past day ten, I am 1/4th of the way closer to my goal. But of course, it’s not really about this 40 days, it’s about what happens after the 40 days passes. It’s about the lifestyle changes and commitments to improved health and healthy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment