Friday, March 6, 2009

Days 12, 13 & 14

So after having two consecutive days of disastrous juicing, I decided to return to the basics.  The night of Day 11 and all of Day 12, I drank pineapple and orange juice.  Yesterday (Day 13) and today (Day 14), I had/have no time to juice and purchased store bought juice.  Wow.  I’m amazed that my palette has changed so quickly.  I mean, what are they putting in this store bought juice?  And juice from concentrate?  What a joke.  It all tastes like a bunch of sugar, and I definitely don’t feel energized after drinking store bought juice (apple and orange).  In fact, during these past two days while drinking store bought juice, I’ve felt sluggish and irritable.  I can’t wait to purchase more produce at the Farmer’s market tomorrow morning. 

I forgot to mention that last Friday I had my blood pressure measured.  It was 125/90.  I’m going to have my blood pressure measured again on 3/13.  The weight has continued to decrease but now, my weight loss is normalizing and it’s not as dramatic as the first few days- which is totally to be expected.  I plan to do an official weigh-in on day 21 so that I can say I’ve lost x amount of weight after 20 full days on the plan.

To date, I haven’t had any issues with physical hunger.  It’s the mental hunger that always seems to get me.  I think about eating pizza.  I love pizza.  Although my energy levels have been down for the last two days, I’m definitely not too far from operating from full capacity.  I do work full time and my days are filled with meetings and a myriad of interactions- none of which have been affected by my regiment.  In a weird way, I feel lucky to be undergoing this experiment.  I could have spent this time doing horrible things to my body by continuing with my fatal eating habits, but I’m not, and I feel proud that I’m taking the steps to treat my body more kindly.

No comments:

Post a Comment