Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day 9 Weigh-in: 306.6

Last night I juiced a bag of grapes.  Grape juice is super sweet and definitely needs diluting; I suggest 2 parts water to 1 part grape juice- which still produces a sweet drink.

Pineapples were on sale, so I bought several.  I juiced the skins with a small amount of pineapple flesh.  The juice tasted fine, but it yielded a lot of foam- and I dislike foam, so I definitely didn’t have the most enjoyable breakfast and wasn’t really satisfied because I ended up tossing much of the juice.  

For lunch I juiced two servings of The Energizer (2 bunches of parsley and 12 carrots) and it tasted great.  My energy hadn’t been too great today, and I definitely felt increased energy levels after consuming this meal.  Now that my palette is acclimating to the taste of veggie juice, I plan to slowly use more green juice in my veggie drinks.

During lunch, I also juiced dinner.  I juiced a variation of Iron Plus.  I’ve had some issues juicing beets so I decided to cut off the tops and juice them in one group and peel off the top layers on the beet root and juice them in the second batch.  I did this for three beets.  I also juiced approximately 1.5 cups of broccoli, 5 or 6 kale leafs, 8 carrots, and 2 apples.  I haven’t tasted it yet, but it’s waiting for me in the fridge as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment