Sunday, March 8, 2009

Days 15 & 16

I bought a little over eight pounds of organic Fuji Apples from the farmer’s market on Saturday, and had tasty apple juice most of Day 15.  I love buying farm produce that isn’t waxed- although at $1/lb, the apples were a little pricier than their non organic & waxed counterparts.  For lunch, I combined apple and cucumber juice.  Yum!  I don’t think cucumbers are in season as I spent $1 for one English cucumber (the ones that are about 12 inches) and a normal sized cucumber was about $.70 in the supermarket.  I look forward to juicing many cucumbers once they are in season.  I read that cucumbers are really good for having great looking skin.  Ideally, I hope to start drinking cucumber and garlic juice before bed- the cucumber so that I can nourish my skin, and the garlic so that I can nourish my immune system. 

Day 16 (today) I’m enjoying an old favorite- oranges and grapefruit.  Since I consume a substantial amount of orange juice in one form or another, I decided to buy two large bags.  In one of the bags, most of the oranges aren’t the best quality.  I’m going to stick with buying oranges that I can examine, for sure.  I’m definitely not drinking as much water and even juice as I should.  Shame on me.  I really need to work on that.  It’s just that since I feel no physical hunger, it’s hard to consume anything.  Starting a week from today, I plan to incorporate a one-mile walk performed three times a week into my regiment.  I already own the Leslie Sansone: Walk at Home Dvd that I’ve had for a while, and that I actually enjoy using when I get off my buttocks and actually do it.  The plan is:  one mile performed three times per week for two weeks; then move to one mile performed four times per week for two weeks, and then slowly progress until I can eventually walk 3 miles four times a week.  Walking is probably one of the few forms of exercise that I actually enjoy.  Once I begin to walk for fitness, I plan to incorporate a protein powder of some sort into my regiment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment